Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tasty Burritos

So this recipe is going in the Faster/Cheaper category, because the way I am listing it is my Husband's original recipe. :-) It is not neccessarily healthier, but I can tell you some quick and easy substitutions for it. I was super obsessed with this simple yet delicious little monsters and I think I had my husband make them like 3 times in a month.

Total meal prep time: 30 minutes serves 2-4

Tasty Burritos

8 inch flour tortillas
1 lb ground beef
1 can refried beans
1-2 cups shredded cheese (depending on how cheesy you like them and how many you make)
1/2 taco seasoning packet
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Cook your ground beef all the way in a pan. Then add 1/2 the packet of taco seasoning to the ground beef. Stir it in and let it simmer (that is cooking it on very low heat) for about 3 minutes. Open your can of refried beans, and heat the 1/4 vegetable oil in a shallow pan. If you would like, you can pop your tortillas in the microwave for about 20 seconds for the whole package, to increase the flexibility of the tortilla.  Now with your beans open, meat cooked and tortillas warmed lay out your tortillas and put a fair amount of the meat, beans and cheese on each one. You will want to be able to fold up the burrito, so don't skimp, but keep the limited space in mind. If you do not know how to fold a burrito, this BURRITO FOLDING diagram can help you out. Now take your folded burritos and fry each side until a golden brown, drain on a paper towel and serve with sour cream and salsa (optional).

I would also recommend using my quick mexican rice recipe as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment